Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Remote Pro— Factory Rest Possible?

I just received my voice remote pro. After the initial pairing, all of the buttons were working fine. It could power off the tv and control the volume. As I continued to complete the set up, I came to the step where it wanted more information about the tv. That’s when the tv power and volume buttons stopped working. The settings for my tv never got the music to stop playing. Oddly, using the voice commands will still control the volume and turn the tv off, but not back on. 

Anyway, it was working, so if there is some way to return the remote to its initial out of the box settings, hopefully it will work again. However, resetting and re-pairing the remote or trying to get the roku to forget it hasn’t helped, as it must still remember the botched attempt to put in a tv code. Does anyone know how to do a factory reset of the remote or know what initial tv code it came with right out of the box? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice Remote Pro— Factory Rest Possible?

@Ranger-Rooster-

Have you tried "forgetting the remote" and setting it up again?
Settings > Remotes and devices > Remote (in use) > Forget remote

If it still doesn't work, some people have reported success by not resetting using the "Remote (in use)" option, but by setting it up as a new device:
Settings > Remotes and devices > Set up a new device > Voice remote

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
rstruitt
Reel Rookie

The forget remote option is absent on the voice remote pro. 

0 Kudos
renojim

@rstruitt, I believe that option is only available if you have more than one remote paired.  I don't think you can forget the only remote that's paired, but I'm too lazy to pair another remote to see if that option appears.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wannaknow
Binge Watcher

Thank you @Ranger-Rooster ,

Your suggestion of "Settings > Remotes and devices > Set up a new device > Voice remote"  worked for me.....

I had been trying to set up a new Voice Remote Pro as a "set up remote" & of course wasn't getting any where....

I'm a happy camper now, everything seems to be working as it should.... Smiley Happy .......

makaiguy

@wannaknow-

I applaud you for finding a year old post that solves your problem.  Most people don't bother to search.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
wannaknow
Binge Watcher

Its called "desperation"....especially when I knew it was something very simple that I was overlooking.... Smiley Very Happy .....

0 Kudos
Reaton1984
Reel Rookie

I just used the find remote feature through settings, not the push button on the actual Roku device (even though I obviously knew where the remote was as I was holding it in my hand) and somehow it made the remote fully work.

0 Kudos