Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver

@CrystalsStream  this is an open community for all to post. If your Roku is under warranty and you filled a claim to get a new cable you will have to wait cause they are currently OOS. But if your Roku is not under warranty and you need a new cable then the cost is $20. But there is still no stock. So instead of waiting and waiting and complaining you can go to Walmart, Target or Best Buy and purchase a new Roku Stick for $40. 

0 Kudos
CrystalsStream
Binge Watcher

This is exactly my issue as well.  I used the power cord from one of my other roku setups after doing all kinds of troubleshooting, attempting pair, reset, yada yada and that's also how I discovered it was the power cable not the stick.  The cords are out of stock.  Haven't found any on google shopping either.  Not sure if I can just buy a different company's power cord.  

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@CrystalsStream  clearly you are not understanding me. Your cable is faulty you claim correct? The cable is out of stock from Roku. The cable is $20. But ...................hold on.....................for $20 more you can buy a BRAND new Roku and start streaming again. End of story, There are no 3rd party cables with the wifi booster built in. It's exclusive to Roku. 

0 Kudos
CrystalsStream
Binge Watcher

Thanks.  Not everyone has disposable income to replace their entire system every time something breaks.  I have 7 systems.  Should I replace them all just because the power cords may be defective?  

By your logic, customers should expect the roku products to be considered disposable (like paper plates) instead of a long-term solution to cutting the cord.  I'm sure that's not what the Roku brand is about.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@CrystalsStream I have 6 Roku devices. 3 Roku Sticks, 1 Ultra and 2 TCL Roku TV's. None of which have an issues. If your Roku is out of warranty which means it is over a year old then it is not covered. You can buy a new cable for $20. But there is no stock and no one knows when there will be stock. So instead of waiting and waiting and posting on here you can buy a new Roku. It's that easy. Heck with gas prices I am spending $40/week in gas just to go back and forth to work. If one of my sticks had a broken cable (they are all 3 years old now) I would not bother buying a $20 cable. They are 3 years old. A new one with a warranty is $40. Plus it is the newer generation models. Now if a Roku was $1000 and a cable was $20 to fix it then yes buy the cable. 

0 Kudos
CrystalsStream
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the information.  So it's pointless to purchase one of the off-brands that claim to do the same thing as far as long-range reception goes because Roku has a non-standard method for connecting the tv and the stick which requires proprietary software.  I'm going to file a BBB and Consumer Protection Bureau report since there seems to be so many people having the same problem and there seems to be no resolution in sight. 

I love roku, but they need to fix this issue or provide available stock for purchase.  I don't think it's legal in the U.S. to force people to purchase new systems by selling them defective merchandise knowing it will break. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Good luck with that. I am sure you will not get anywhere. Especially since you are out of warranty. FYI.............a couple of people on here with the issues does not account for the millions of users with no broken cables. Your making mountains out of mole hills. There is no off brand or 3rd party cable with the built in WiFi. None. Not sure where you think there is a 3rd party cable. Any links?

0 Kudos
CrystalsStream
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the well wishes.  However, you don't know that I'm out of warranty.  Your ass-ump-tions are not authorized by Roku.  Thank God!

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

I have asked you and told you over and over. If your under or out of warranty. Now a moderator has asked you for more specific information. I also provided you with a link on how to file a warranty claim. But there is none in stock. So either you wait for a cable or buy a new Roku. You really don’t have much of a choice. The fact that you’re willing to try to find a third-party cable and purchase one tells me you’re out of warranty. If you’ve had your Roku stick for more than a year it’s out of warranty

0 Kudos
CrystalsStream
Binge Watcher

I have asked the Roku moderators to look into your harassment of customers -- me included.  Please stop stalking my comments and posts with your pat answers "to just go buy a new one 'cause the receiver is $20 and for just $20 more ($40), you can rinse and repeat driving a brand new showroom ready newer roku'.  I have concerns about keeping my Roku systems working.  I didn't come here to be insulted and told "over and over again" to buy new products. Most people come here for solutions/fixes -- not sales pitches.  Thanks again.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.