Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kennedyj11

The power button is the only button working on my remote

Hi, I just moved. My roku was working fine before but now that I am at my new place. The remote will only turn the power on and off. I have tried to restart it. And I can’t use the app because my roku is not connected to internet yet

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: The power button is the only button working on my remote

Does your remote still control your TV volume or no?  If no, you probably have either defective batteries, or a defective remote.  My RCAL7 Voice Remote works fine with my Roku 3910 (with analog outputs), however my TV set is an old analog model, so the TV voice control doesn’t work on my set because the TV voice control requires CEC, but at least the TV button controls and all the other voice controls work on my set.  What happens if you actually connect to the Internet?  Do you get the same issue?

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Kennedyj11 

What is the model number of your Roku device?  

If this is a Voice Remote, have you tried re-pairing it back to your Roku device.  Give the remote some slight tapping (more like a whack, and make sure no buttons are stuck) in your hand or replace batteries and see if it becomes responsive.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Vakko
Roku Guru

@Kennedyj11  Your Roku needs to be connected to your WiFi in order to work. 

0 Kudos