Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kkendr19

Roku remote power & volume buttons not working 11.5.0

Remote was working fine before I went to work, now the power button and volume buttons aren’t working. I have tried resetting, unplugging, replacing batteries, everything…still can’t get the buttons to work. All other buttons on remote work though. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote power & volume buttons not working 11.5.0

@Kkendr19  On your Roku device go into settings, remotes & devices, remotes, remote(voice remote), set up remote for TV control.

If this does not work make sure CEC is on for your TV using the TV remote.

0 Kudos
palmers603
Channel Surfer

Same issue here.  Seems to have started with latest update.  Remote worked fine before, and now the volume buttons don’t work.  

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@palmers603 Did you try my suggestions from an earlier post? 

On your Roku device go into settings, remotes & devices, remotes, remote(voice remote), set up remote for TV control.

If this does not work make sure CEC is on for your TV using the TV remote.

0 Kudos
palmers603
Channel Surfer

Thanks for asking.  Here’s my specific situation:

I have two remotes - an older one and a newer voice controlled remote.  Both used to control the volume on my Sony receiver (we don’t control volume through the tv).  

After the recent update, the OLD remote still controls volume on the Sony receiver.  The NEW remote is now able to connect to the tv to control power and volume (which I could never get to work before), but I cannot get it to connect back to the Sony, which is what I really want it for.  

0 Kudos