Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcdaly

Roku remote increases volume by multiples of 2 or 3

We have been using a Roku Streaming stick with our Vizio TV since the TV was purchased in 2018. We also use a Vizio soundbar. We have used 2 different Roku Streaming Stick devices in the past with the Vizio TV and soundbar with no issues. No issues controlling the volume on the soundbar. The last Roku device needed to be replaced and the remote was not as responsive as it used to be.

I just purchased a new Roku Streaming Stick 4K 2021 which came with a new remote. I noticed this remote has issues controlling the soundbar. The volume will increase and decrease by multiples of 2 or 3. I tried pairing the remote with other Roku devices on other TVs and it works fine. However the volume issue continues with this Vizio TV and soundbar. 

I tried factory resetting the roku device and that did not fix the issue. I also purchased another new Roku remote hoping it would fix the problem. The volume issue continues with both new remotes.

This appears to be an issue with the newer remotes. I used at least 2 previous Roku remotes with our Vizio TV and soundbar with no issues. I also paired the old remote again and it controls the volume as expected. I can't keep using the old one as it has other issues. 

Any ideas how I can correct the volume issue. I have to keep the TV remote handy to control the volume. However I'd like to just use one remote like I did with the old Roku remotes. This appears to only be an issue with the newer Roku remotes with my Vizio TV and Vizio soundbar. No settings were changed. 

12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote increases volume by multiples of 2 or 3

@bcdaly

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that Roku device remotes do not support control of external audio products.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lorider06

We are having the same problem with our Samsung tv. The remote was working properly and then it started to do an increase/decrease in multiples of 2 and it's not hooked up to a sound bar!

0 Kudos
Walk99a
Reel Rookie

Same issue on our Samsung TV.  I tried re-pairing it with the TV, but the problem is still there.

0 Kudos
Westin
Channel Surfer

I’m having the same issue. Samsung tv with no sound bar and roku stick. Worked great for the past year and now volume suddenly increases by multiples of two or three. Tried buying a new remote and new remote has the same issue. No setting have been changed on the tv so I am very confused and frustrated that even buying a new remote I still have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Walk99a @Westin

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-brand and model TV you are using
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have more information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Westin
Channel Surfer

I opened a support request #6184819 with all the provided information but have recieved no responses. Are you able to look up the information from that ticket? I provided all the details you request there

0 Kudos
Walk99a
Reel Rookie

Thank you the model number is 3800x Roku streaming Stick,

Serial number yf00272-93371 (ct381229-3371)

Software version 11.5.0 build 4235-55

Issue id 71-433-585

TV is a Samsung model un65tu7000f

0 Kudos
Westin
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R are there any updates on this? I supplied all the info to my support ticket and others have supplied info here. it’s been radio silence from Roku the past month. This is a frustrating bug and it’d be really nice to get a response to know if it’s going to be fixed or if the solution is moving to a new platform which doesn’t have this issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Westin

Thanks for the post.

It looks like you were in touch with our Support team. If you are already working with our Support team regarding your issue, we would recommend continuing to work with them moving forward as they would best be able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos