Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinPr
Binge Watcher

Roku remote feature fast forward and back button

This is more of a suggested feature than a question.

It would be nice to be able to hold down the fast forward or back button and the show you want to fast forward or go back with would continuously move at a faster pace. (In other words you would not need to constantly click the button to move it small increments amounts at a time.) Every other tv remote or computer scroll feature allows this, why can’t a Roku remote do this?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote feature fast forward and back button

There's a place for feature suggestions:

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

However, I'm not sure I'm following you.  If you press the FF (>>) button once it automatically starts fast forwarding.  If you press it again the speed increases and if you press it one more time it goes to its maximum speed.  No need to hold it in.  Is there a particular channel/app that you're using that doesn't work that way or are you saying you think the user should just be able to hold the button to increase the speed without having to press the FF button 3 times to get to maximum speed?  Note that the left/right arrow buttons can also be used, but they operate a little differently.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I think this is under the control of each app. It seems like I have used an app where FF and REW made discrete jumps - it think it might have been youtube that did that.

0 Kudos
KevinPr
Binge Watcher

This is the app I am trying to use it, and it will not fast forward or go back non-stop if holding down the button continuously. I have to keep toggling the button to get it to move and only in increments.

I want to be able to hold the button down and it will keep fast forwarding of going back until I release the button. Not only a small step each time I push the button.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@KevinPr, what channel/app are you using?  As @Strega said, that sounds like something non-standard that the developer of that channel/app is doing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mm13310

I would love to be able to see the screen and watch while in fast forward.  That way, I could see when the commercial ends so I know exactly when to hit play and return to watching.