Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Braze420
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Plus Not Working Properly

So me and my girlfriend recently bought a Roku voice remote plus, however when you say " Hey Roku fast forward 10 seconds it rewinds 10 seconds instead of fast forward but it says it's fast forwarding? Who wired this thing wrong?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Voice Remote Plus Not Working Properly

Sorry, I had to laugh. 🙂  Is that in every app or just one particular one?  You might want to try using just "forward" or "skip", but like you said, it seems to be wired wrong if it "thinks" it's fast forwarding.  Does using periods longer than 10 seconds make a difference?  You often can't jump to an exact frame just because of the way videos are encoded, but I would think 10 seconds should work.

What voice commands can I use with my Roku® device? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Braze420
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Voice Remote Plus Not Working Properly

It's all apps that allow it, and as of right now asking it to do any form of forward or skip makes it go back not forward but it says fast forwarding when it's really going back. I've tried saying fast forward 20 seconds or a minute it just says different stuff like fast forwarding 10 milliseconds or fast forwarding 20 seconds but everytime it goes back and not even the time it says. The only way I've found to get around it is by telling it to skip to the specific time like skip to 1:39 of the show. Idk I'm gunna have to take it back or something I have no idea and get a new one, cause idk what's wrong with it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.