Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mageedl

Roku Remote not pairing using auto and manual methods

I'm trying to pair my Remote with the Express 4K+ device.  It looks like it pairing - then  just stays on the 'Pair your remote' screen.  Tried restarting device - removing batteries from remote and starting over - trying to pair manually using the button.  The light is flashing but it doesn't seem to be pairing - if it is - I can't get it off that 'pairing' screen.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Remote not pairing using auto and manual methods

Did you just buy this Roku? Or did you buy a replacement remote? So the remote no longer works? 

https://support.roku.com/article/208755708

0 Kudos
mageedl

It is new - came with my Roku Express 4K+ kit.  Batteries good - just won't pair.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

If the Roku is new the remote is new the remote comes paired already. If the remote wasn’t paired you would not have been able to set up your Roku. So you just bought this Roku? Did you ever finish the set up process?  The remote comes paired already. You wouldn’t be able to hook it to your Wi-Fi without it 

0 Kudos
mageedl

Not set up yet.  The big ROKU flashed on the screen when I turned it on - I selected English as the language - then next - the next screen says to pair the remote - can't get past this screen.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

If you just bought it then return it. Are you sure the batteries are in correctly? Follow this link 

https://support.roku.com/article/208755708

0 Kudos
Lauren5585

This is a problem everyone is complaining about at the App Store. Since last update people are no longer able to get device to connect despite being having strong connection on current network.  Why is no one responding to this issue???

0 Kudos
mageedl

Batteries are in correctly - has power to the Remote.  I will return it to AMAZON and order another.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Lauren5585  Ummm Roku doesn’t have an App Store and this is a completely different scenario

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Did you buy it refurbished? Are you sure it was new? Be sure you didn’t buy a refurbished unit. Did it say new? Was it a reputable seller? 

0 Kudos