Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: How to fix remote battery life indicator on screen

Hey Roku Danny, how about you actually address the issue instead of asking the same inane question! What more is there to describe about the issue? Can you just have them add an option to TURN OFF the low battery pop up on the screen? THAT IS THE ISSUE WE ARE HAVING! So why do you keep asking us to clarify the issue and asking for serial numbers? It makes no difference! Roku's response on this issue is absolutely infuriating! Can you just talk to us instead of pasting the same scripted response like a robot?

Lili521

I am having the same issue. The batteries are fresh,(brand new) and tested at 100%. The pop up comes on every half hour to hour. We have two remotes. This happened after the latest update or the one prior.  Is there an answer? 

ruhrok
Reel Rookie

Mine stopped doing it finally, but I have no idea why. Roku support was useless even after supplying the info they requested, they never responded. Pathetic.

It may have been the last update I received, but again, not sure. I'd try checking for an update, that's all I can suggest. 

ROKU... PLEASE UPDATE YOUR **bleep** FIRMWARE AND REMOVE THE ANNOYING, IDIOTIC, USELESS, WORTHLESS BATTERY INDICATOR POP UP! NOBODY NEEDS OR WANTS THIS "FEATURE"! THIS SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED AND CORRECTED BY NOW BY ROKU. AFTER 10 MINUTES ON THIS SITE I'VE ALREADY SEEN HUNDREDS OF POSTS WANTING THIS PAIN IN THE ASS GONE!

AND NO-- I WON'T TAKE ANY VIDEOS, POST MY SERIAL NUMBER, OR PROVIDE ANY MORE INFORMATION OTHER THAN I HAVE A 2020 ROKU ULTRA 4800X, BUT THIS MORONIC PROBLEM IS WITH ALL ROKU REMOTES I'VE EVER SEEN (I'M ON MY 3RD DIFFERENT ROKU MODEL....).

FORWARD OUR COMPLAINTS TO THE ASSHATS THAT UPDATE ROKU FIRMWARE. I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL THROW THIS GARBAGE MEDIA PLAYER IN THE TRASH AND GO BUY APPLE OR CHROMECAST OR WHATEVER COMPETITOR THAT DOES NOT ISSUE A PRODUCT DESIGNED TO PISS OFF ITS CUSTOMERS.

THANKS FOR NOTHING

Re: Battery warning

The frequency of the low battery notifications is insane. Please add a way to turn it off. It's particularly bad with rechargeable batteries. 30% might be low to you but my remote will hover there for weeks. It's so infuriating. There's so many apologists in this thread trying to minimize the problem. I just got one for 49%. Please stop. I'll figure out that the battery is low when it stops working. Someone help! We love Roku and have had one since the original but this is driving us away.

BenJames
Reel Rookie

Re: Battery warning

I don't know what kind of systems you've gotten used to but there isn't a single system I've ever experienced except for Roku that has an annoying battery warning as displayed by the Roku system. No TV, receiver or any other device I've ever seen.

0 Kudos
cbell2112

I just purchased another Roku Streaming Stick +.  Worked fine for about 5 days.  Remote would not respond last night.  Said battery level was 0.   These were the Duracells that came with the Roku.  I tried 2 other sets of batteries, tv would not respond properly at all.  Unplugged, rebooted, reconnected remote several times.   

Today it seems to be working fine though I only used for a couple of minutes to try to figure out what was going on. 

0 Kudos
sondrab
Reel Rookie

It's been doing this to me, too, and it's happening to my mother.  This is not a "send me your serial number" problem.  It's a product problem.  My remote is old; my mother's is newer, and her replacement is brand new.  They all do this!  It's killing me!

sondrab
Reel Rookie

My next purchase of a streaming device will be something other than Roku.

Jangehr

I am having the same issue repeatedly.  The battery indicator message comes up even after changing to brand new, fully charged batteries, after restarting the unit, after re-pairing the unit and on multiple different remotes.  It has happened to me only on Roku devices with headphones (I have 5 Rokus that I use in different locations).  The devices with headphones WERE NOT CHEAP and are only several months old.  If I watch a movie, the message may show up 50-60 times - this is very annoying. 

You apparently have had this issue with multiple customers over a long period of time.  Even telling us that you are researching the issue and are working on it would be a help.  The responses shown here seem to be repetitive and might be displaying that you don’t know the answer yet and have not taken responsibility.  It’s OK if you are not perfect, please just be honest and straight-forward with your customers.