Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bcaves
Reel Rookie

Remote not working at all

I have a simple remote that quit working. Changing the batteries didn’t help, and the roku can’t find my remote when I try to use the settings menu to find it. My roku is almost brand new. How do I get a new remote? Do I have to pay for a new one?

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Remote not working at all

Hi @Bcaves

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bcaves
Reel Rookie

SN: S07R21AS1SKN

0 Kudos
kmkuvb

Re: Remote not working at all.. Replacement does not work

Similar but worse problem.  Original simple remote on a Roku Express stopped working after several months.  Continued using mobile app for remote.  Recently purchased a replacement remote from Roku. it does not work at all, but I can see that it is sending a signal.

Express is Model 3930X and SN is S00839DHN4WS,

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Bcaves

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @kmkuvb

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

If you haven't tried yet, we'd recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps suggested in this Support link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working. If the issue persists, please let us know so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bcaves
Reel Rookie

Kariza,

I did start with the troubleshooting guide. The only recommnedations for the simple remote is to take out the batteries and reinstall them, which we already tried with no luck.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Bcaves

Thanks for the response. 

As mentioned in my previous post, I have passed along your information to our team. They will reach out to you to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza 

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Terry1952

My simple remote has quit working,changed batteries but still not working. It's was working then it quit

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Terry1952

I hope you're doing well.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos