Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coolraven25
Reel Rookie

HDMI extender cable for HDMI interference issues with streaming stick 4k

I'm having voice remote unpairing/pairing every few seconds issue. I have followed all troubleshooting steps in this article below. 

https://support.roku.com/article/208755708

It suggests that i should get the hdmi extender cable which ships for free from Roku. Using this link below. 

https://my.roku.com/hdmi

it keeps saying that im entering incorrect serial number but i'm entering the correct serial number. Support chat is not helpful with this. Please help. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDMI extender cable for HDMI interference issues with streaming stick 4k

Go into Settings->System->About on your Roku device and you should see a serial number and a Device ID displayed.  If one doesn't work, try the other.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
coolraven25
Reel Rookie

Hi. 

i entered the serial number of another roku ultra that i have and it still says the same thing. 

The serial number submitted is incorrect. The serial number can be located on the back of your Roku Streaming Stick.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The extender cable is only for sticks and would do absolutely nothing for an Ultra.  For the record, the "serial number" written on a Roku device may or may not be a real serial number in spite of what any Roku documentation says.  It may be a "Device ID" which is not the same thing.

For your remote problem that appears to be affecting a device that isn't a stick, you might want to try using a different Wi-Fi channel on your router and don't use "Auto".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos