Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cibernoide
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Roku Model 3811X

Remote Model RC - AL8

TV Insignia NS-42P650A11

Issue ID 73-197-232

0 Kudos
eggsterguy

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I have a Samsung tv but it is connected to the Roku via a Sony AV system. Up until recently I could control the volume as displayed on the Sony AV system (never the tv). Then one day I could no longer control the volume so I bought a new Roku remote, thinking I had a hardware problem. I was wrong...new remote, same problem. 

0 Kudos
FMij
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

C'mon Danny @ Roku.  The upgrade has killed ALL remote to TV connectivity.  You have effectively killed all the 8 TV's at my BnB.  Roku's will be going into the trash and replaced with Amazon Fire Sticks unless this is fixed.  I have multiple versions of ROKU streaming sticks all were upgraded to their particular v10.0.0 Build whatever and all have had the issue. They work for a few cycles then have to be resynchronized.  ROKU get your stuff together and test something before you release it.  Basic Programming 101

Cibernoide
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The process previously posted worked for 1 of my 2 TVs.  This one is Insignia.  I have not tried the other one yet.  

Go to settings , remotes and devices, setup new remote. Take the back off of remote and push the black button by battery compartment until it lights up.  This will sync the Roku and remote. Then it will ask for TV brand and return to remote sync ("do you hear the music") process.  This restored all functions for this TV.

0 Kudos
Dbratch

Jump to solution

Roku Streaming Stick+, Model 3810x
TV: Insignia Plasma, Model NS-PDP42

0 Kudos
NinaVmp
Reel Rookie

SOLUTION for issue with volume buttons not working

Jump to solution

If the volume/mute buttons in your roku remote stopped working suddenly, here it is the solution: Settings - Remote & Devices - Remotes - Enhanced voice remote (in use) - Set up remote for TV control. Than the system will walk you through the audio test process, and that is it! It works perfectly. PS: If you don't see a remote in use, you will see the option to add a new one under Remotes. 

HikerDan

Jump to solution

Device Model 4670X - RokuUltra with Voice Remote.

Build 10.0.0 4195-46

Sony TV XBR-49x800D

Problem is not TV volume but Sound bar volume. The I/R of the Voice remote used to directly control volume of Samsung sound bar that is optically connected. It does not have HDMI input. This configuration has worked for about 18months, until last week.

Samsung HWK360 /ZA

Now when pressing Roko Voice Remote it does not control sound bar. Samsung Soundbar remote control still works.

IssueID: 36-197-417

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

my Vizio tv not recognized 

0 Kudos
Jllaurito

Jump to solution

TV: Sony Bravio KDL-46 EX701

Roku model 4670x roku ultrA

Issue ID:97-197-423

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Tried to do cad by  setting up new my remote as new at 10times 

but my Vizio brand TV is not recognized 

0 Kudos