Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masohle1

Device no longer responding to remote

Hi all, will keep it brief. My roku player has stopped responding to my remote in any meaningful way, it will make the keystroke sound when I press anything but there is no change on the screen. Before anyone asks yes I have changed out the batteries, and HDMI and power cable to no success

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device no longer responding to remote

Does the light on the Roku device flash when you press a button on the remote?  Is it a Voice remote or a simple remote?  If your device is connected to your network, you may be able to use the Roku mobile app as a remote until you can figure out the remote issue.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
nielsencl
Channel Surfer

Re: Device no longer responding to remote

It sounds like you already did this, but my Roku also stopped responding this morning and changing the batteries (the old ones were still good.) did not help.

What did getting it working was unplugging the power to the Roku device. I know you said you did that, but did you unplug and then wait 5-10 seconds before plugging it back in? 🙂

I used a battery tester to make sure I was working with two good batteries.

And in my remote the batteries are both inserted in the SAME DIRECTION which is unlike 95% of all devices where they face in different directions when side by side.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.