Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcat12
Channel Surfer

Can streambar Roku remote be paired with Roku tv to show HDMI ports

I previously bought a Roku Stream bar and have 2 remotes. I just bought a Roku tv (Roku brand) and while the 2 previous remotes paired to the Roku TV I am unable to switch to HDMI 2 (which is my cable box) unless using the remote that came with the TV. Also, there is NO video setting (if I go into settings) to switch to a different HDMI. I can only use the secondary remotes to change volume or go into apps (NF, Peacock etc). Is there a way to get the secondary remotes to show the home screen that shows up with the actual tv remote (which shows the streambar/cable tv -HDMI 1)?? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Mcat12
Channel Surfer

Re: Can streambar Roku remote be paired with Roku tv to show HDMI ports

How is it then whenever I post a question the answer comes to me lol. I unplugged the streambar so the remotes wouldn't pair with that and paired them to tv then plugged stream bar back in so now I see the appropriate screen.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.