Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eor

Can i disable Ultra remote's keyboard shortcuts?

Main issue is that those bottom buttons are so sensitive, i accidently grab it wrong while watching a show and i get rudely interrupted while it transfers to nex.flix or similar screen.  

Could u somehow make a "go directly back button" for when that happens? 

It takes multiple button presses to return to the original show i was watching, and I'm often forced to rewatch a commercial to get it started. I CURSE Roku every time! especially when it happens in the middle of a great scene!

Fixed budget means ZERO interest in subscribing unless it's free or it's shared (lol, no more ever). Then there wouldn't be a sc button. I kno.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
eor

Re: Can i disable Ultra remote's keyboard shortcuts?

Part 2: I've tried to slice down the rubber on those buttons, but hasn't worked (prob needs more shaving).

Anyone cursing like me? Any workable ideas, solutions?? 

I have 2 ultras (voice remote, i dont like)  and 1 stick. The ultras are problematic getting tossed in bed.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can i disable Ultra remote's keyboard shortcuts?

Those remotes are difficult to take apart, but they just snap together.  If you can get it apart you can put tape under the buttons so pressing them doesn't do anything or remove the rubber buttons.  Another suggestion is to get a silicone remote cover that makes it more difficult to press the buttons.  You can find them on Amazon.  There's many Roku remotes and many styles of covers, but you'd be looking for one that has individual cutouts in the cover for the "Partner" buttons and not just one big cutout for all the buttons.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.