Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttor
Level 7

remote won't pair, tried everything

Jump to solution

i have an old roku 4210x2 and am trying to pair it with a roku gr-14 enhanced remote.  i just get spinny wheel and the "no remote found error" i've tried all suggested steps on roku site except different brand of batteries which seems silly but i guess i'll try that since nothing else is working. any help is appreciated.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: remote won't pair, tried everything

Jump to solution

Yes, the rc03 is RF, so no pointing needed. There are newer remotes that would work with your roku as well and have tv controls too. But they cost $29.99 plus shipping. 

If you're buying it from ebay, make sure the picture shows it has one dot below the blue key,that makes it for sure the rc03. 

I have no idea why mlbtv isn't working, 3100 xs probably too old.

Edmund

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

That remote is Bluetooth and will NEVER work on the Roku 4210 which can be paired with Wifi-Direct remote. Sorry. You can just get Standard IR remote and it would work with your roku. 

A very similar looking remote the RC03 would work, where the GR14 has two dots below the blue button, the rc03 has just one. And the RC03 has volume keys and a headphone jack along the sides where the GR14 doesn't. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
ttor
Level 7

Jump to solution

thanks for the quick answer.  the gr14 remote i mentioned does work with my other roku 2xs model 3100x but that device won't play the mlb.tv app,  just goes back to roku home page every time but the 4210 will start up the mlb.tv app so that's why i'm wanting to use it.  i just wanted to be able to operate the roku without having to point the remote at the device.  i do have a anderic rrooku3 that works with the 4210 but i have to point it directly at the roku.  just to be sure i understand,  the rc03 will work with 4210 and allow me to not have to point directly at the roku 4210 to operate it?   or if you have any idea why mlb.tv won't start up on 3100x that would work also.  hope that makes sense and thanks for your help in advance.  

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

Yes, the rc03 is RF, so no pointing needed. There are newer remotes that would work with your roku as well and have tv controls too. But they cost $29.99 plus shipping. 

If you're buying it from ebay, make sure the picture shows it has one dot below the blue key,that makes it for sure the rc03. 

I have no idea why mlbtv isn't working, 3100 xs probably too old.

Edmund

View solution in original post