Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Afrazier579
Level 7

Unsure what issue is

We have had our Roku ultra for a handful of months. We use it almost every day. When I tried to turn it on, the remote acts as if it is dead. Changed batteries. Still nothing. Have reset and unplugged and plugged back in twice. Now when I reset it, it takes me to the ‘pair your remote’ screen like this is first time I have plugged it in. And the remote won’t work. I have tried from my iPhone (I have the app on my phone to use as backup remote) and it says something is wrong with the roku essentially. It says check to see if roku is plugged in and internet is on. Our internet is working. Any thoughts or suggestions?? Thank you in advance!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unsure what issue is

When you do a factory reset it loses pairing with remote, re-pair it to the ultra and start again, language, linking to your internet and account. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Afrazier579
Level 7

Thanks for response!
I have tried, however unfortunately the remote is still not working. And when I try to do it from my phone it gives me the error message that something is wrong. I have tried to change batteries twice now and nothing. Any other suggestions @Tivoburkee ?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

You can't use the phone app until the roku is set to the same network and password, and that needs a remote to do it. 

With new batteries in the remote, unplug the roku from the power., plug it back in. When the roku is bouncing start pressing and holding the pairing button in the battery compartment of the remote. When it stop bouncing release the button for a bit and start pressing again until you get conformation its paired. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Afrazier579
Level 7

Will try this. Hope it works! Thanks!

0 Kudos