Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

THIS IS WEIRD - VERIZON FIOS and ROKU REMOTE BATTLE :)

Jump to solution

Hi all, this is weird, so I appreciate your help.  Here is what happens watching on our Samsung SmartTV.

1.  Turn Roku on, Roku remote works fine, kids watching shows etc. - all good.  

2.  Kids go to bed, want to go back to our Verizon Fios cable box.  Flip Samsung TV back to Verizon.  Grab the Verizon remote and ANY button you press on the Verizon remote switches the HDMI source on the TV back to Roku.  

3.  It happens 100% of the time.  Only way to address the situation is unplug the Roku every night.  

4.  Have looked at settings/remote and cannot find anything that would cause this.

Thanks for your help!

Wyley

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku express set-up issue-regular tv remote (fios) no longer works for television—switches roku

Jump to solution

On the roku go into settings> system> control other devices> unclick 1-touch.

When the 1-Touch is enacted:

"Tell your TV to automatically switch its active source/input to your Roku Player on any remote key press"

Edmund

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku express set-up issue-regular tv remote (fios) no longer works for television—switches roku on

Jump to solution
I set up roku express. Works great. But now my regular fios tv remote no longer works for changing the (cable tv) channels . Even if I switch to the correct hdmi when any button is pushed it switches back to the hdmi that roku is on and starts my roku device: only way to watch regular tv now is to unplug my roku device from the power source. Annoying
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku express set-up issue-regular tv remote (fios) no longer works for television—switches roku

Jump to solution

On the roku go into settings> system> control other devices> unclick 1-touch.

When the 1-Touch is enacted:

"Tell your TV to automatically switch its active source/input to your Roku Player on any remote key press"

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the solution of going into settings-system and turning off the one touch check mark.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had the same issue, and I did the switch off as per your suggestion, but it is still not working.  Any other tips?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

HI there - no!  Sadly, I still have not found a fix as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

If its not hdmi-cec at work, then its IR conflict. Did you try switching the hdmi inputs between the fios and roku?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

No I didn't....

0 Kudos