Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku says it cannot control the volume of my Samsung TV

I was setting up my new Roku Ultra, the screen told me to setup the remote, by clicking yes or no, about whether or not the music stopped playing.

I have scanned through all 50 channels, and clicked "NO" on all of them, because the music would not stop. 

Now, my screen inside roku, and outside roku, on my cable tv, there is a little speaker icon that keeps moving across the screen. How do I stop this icon from showing up? What is happening with roku?screenshot

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku says it cannot control the volume of my Samsung TV

When not tuned to roku and on another hdmi input its there as well? It has to be a tv feature, nothing to do with roku.

As for controlling the Samsung volume, just when programming the tv control, make sure the roku remote has clear sight to the roku as well as the front of the tv. Don't have the roku buried, at least during programming the tv controls.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

it has everything to do with roku, because it doesn't show up when the roku isn't hooked up

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Speaker Symbol Winking on Screen

I have a Roku Ultra connected to a home theater system. Sometimes when making selections with the Roku remote, while watching the Roku, a speaker symbol with slash through it appears on left side of screen & starts winking on and off. What is it telling me?  How do I make it go away?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Speaker Symbol Winking on Screen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm obviously new to this whole thing and ready to drop kick my new Phillips tv with Roku out the window! I can't figure out how to simply turn the volume and down! the set does NOT come with 2 different controllers! one for tv one for Roku! the best I could do after an hour in the middle of the night is turn tv speakers off, now I can't find that! I hate this! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jinkies 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is your TV a Roku TV or are you attaching a Roku device to you TV? If you are using a Roku device, what Roku device model are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos