Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Turrubif
Reel Rookie

Roku remote unable to control sony bravia KDL-32ML130

I just bought a new roku stick. The setup process was ok but I just can’t make the remote control my Sony Bravia kdl-32ml130. Setup detects it’s a Sony tv and I can hear the sound playing when asked by the wizard, but when I click next I am asked if the sound stops, which it doesn’t, so I chose “no”. The same process is repeated by the wizard with a different set of codes until it gives up. I want to be able to use the roku control with my tv, can you guys help?

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote unable to control sony bravia KDL-32ML130

@Turrubif

Thanks for the post.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some insight as he's our resident remote Community Expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Sony codes have not changed ever!! 

Before Roku had trouble even entering a Tv brand, many Sony owners had troubles with roku remote not controlling sony tv's. So, this hasn't been fixed yet!! Nothing I can say will help. It has to come from Roku. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Turrubif
Reel Rookie

Thank you, so looks like there's no solution 😞 . I will have to return my roku stick 😞

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Or exchange it for Roku that accepts IR commands like the Express 4k+, then switch to aftermarket universal remote that controls Roku and tv's. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Chjuck

Yep, it does not work on my bravia either. Too bad, I like everything about the roku but that.  It is a deal killer though.

0 Kudos