Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 13

Roku TV remote controlling Vizio TV and vice versa

I just moved back home from my detail in DC, and brought my new Sharp Roku TV home with me. I set it up in my den, which also happens to have a Vizio TV (not a Roku TV). While the Roku TV was playing, I grabbed the Vizio remote to change the input it was using, and suddenly the Roku TV began changing settings. How on earth is a Vizio remote controlling the Roku TV, and why is the Roku remote controlling the Vizio? Neither set was connected to each other at any time, so there's been no way for the Roku remote to "learn" to control the Vizio. The Sharp seems to use IR only, since I can block the IR emitter on the remote and can't control the TV. 
It looks like it's simply a matter of the IR beam being scattered enough that the Vizio remote is triggering the Sharp. Any possible way to change the codes the Sharp uses, or perchance any way to change the Vizio codes?

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos