Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ncoppola
Level 7

Roku Remote Quick Buttons

I'm wondering if it is possible to reprogram one or more of the remote quick buttons to a different Roku App than is listed on the remote.  Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Level 8

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Nope.
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 7

Nope. Those are placed there through advertising agreements between the channel owners and Roku, and can't be edited/changed. 
0 Kudos
ncoppola
Level 7

That's too bad.  I'm new to Roku and have now purchased a number and I don't recall being given the option as to which buttons come with the remote.  I simply noticed they were different and thought, surly they can be changed ( even if it is flashed to the remote) seeing I have different preferences.  It is not a big deal, but a backdoor way to set these buttons could provide valuable information to Roku and the Channel providers.  A user making such a change would be an indication of "preferred" use.

Of course, if the agreement is for placement only and not increased usage, then set em and forget em.

Thank you.

- N
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

"ncoppola" wrote:
That's too bad.  I'm new to Roku and have now purchased a number and I don't recall being given the option as to which buttons come with the remote.  I simply noticed they were different and thought, surly they can be changed ( even if it is flashed to the remote) seeing I have different preferences.  It is not a big deal, but a backdoor way to set these buttons could provide valuable information to Roku and the Channel providers.  A user making such a change would be an indication of "preferred" use.

Of course, if the agreement is for placement only and not increased usage, then set em and forget em.

Thank you.

- N

The different buttons depends on where it was purchased.  Walmart will have a Vudu button on it, Target will have something else in that spot, etc.
0 Kudos