Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Roku ultra shortcut keys

Jump to solution

The remote is like a cell phone you need to treat it with care

or you can expect problems.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Kjstech
Level 9

Re: Roku ultra shortcut keys

Jump to solution

At least my cell phone is locked until I unlock it.

Doesn’t explain why three of the short cut buttons asked for confirmation before switching out.  What’s the difference with the Netflix button?

0 Kudos
kevmeist
Level 8

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

Hmmmm.I just looked around bestbuy, target, walmart & amazon. They all have the same 4 buttons.

Unfortunately, I don't use 3 of the 4 "standard" services on those buttons.

A great shame that they cannot be adjusted for individual users.

cveteto
Level 7

Jump to solution

It seems more than a little presumptuous to know what 4 channels I am going to subscribe to, let alone stay with. If you get it wrong, and you will, I am stuck with useless buttons. Considering how few there are, to begin with, that can be a relatively high percentage of buttons rendered nonfunctional. 

0 Kudos
kevmeist
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree with you, but as I understand it...those companies pay for those buttons. I have two 4670 Ultra Rokus. Both remotes are different. Netflix is the only common one. The newer 4670 has 2 other buttons that you can make your own. I would suspect that many people would pay a bit extra to have the main 4 programmable.

The newer 4670 is also hamstrung with a mute button on the right side pretty much where your fingers fall so that it is very easy to hit mute by mistake on that newer remote.

rpmccormick
Level 8

Jump to solution

They don't have to know what you use.  They can even still make money selling the button defaults...  Just let us change the defaults, and order stickers from 3rd parties.

kevmeist
Level 8

Jump to solution

I really don’t think companies would pay for those buttons if they can be overridden, do you? It’s all about the money.

rpmccormick
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, I do think they would still pay.  Most people won't change them.  People still pay for Google Ads and YouTube ads, but I block all of those on my wifi and my phone when vpn'ed

0 Kudos
kevmeist
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well, let’s hope Roku listens then although these fixed buttons (even though they have changed frequently it seems) have been there for quite some time. 

I still think people would pay a little extra for a remote where those 4 buttons would be user programmable just like the newer 1 and 2 buttons are.

TD010
Level 8

Jump to solution

@kevmeist Two 4670 Ultra Rokus? How did you get so much?

0 Kudos