Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeeZee74
Level 9

Re: Roku remote make high pitched noise, doesn’t work

Jump to solution

I hate that I know this but they are going to make you instant message them the model and  serial number and all that which can be found inside the remote and on your home screen. Then you will wait a month or two and you will be where the rest of us are.  Good luck!

Carri12
Level 7

High Pitch Noise Coming From Control

Jump to solution

My Roku remote stopped functioning then all of a sudden a high pitch noise came from the remote. Took out the batteries it stoped for like 10 seconds then continued again even after battery replacement

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: High Pitch Noise Coming From Control

Jump to solution

@Carri12 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ddu
Level 7

Jump to solution

My remote is also not functioning, experiencing the same high pitch sound from the remote when 

batteries are inserted.  When trying to pair the unit, there is no blinking light when pressing the reset

button on the remote, thus no pairing initiated.  This product was purchased 16 months ago.  Is there a

warranty for this remote?  

MEDA
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku remotes suck. Ive had roku devices pretty much since they came out but this new generation of remotes are horrible. Right now I have two device and two remotes. Both eat batteries like they are a child's light up toy, both will go somewhere I didnt click (i.e. try to fast ward and it goes to sling), the buttons are excessively touchy so if you are moving it and barely brush against a button you are no longer watching whatever you had it one, one has always had something that rattles inside it like something has broke off when you move it,  the other one has started this fun new activity where it will emit a high pitch screech when it wants you to replace the batteries. A new remote is half, if not more, than the low priced roku,  combine that with constantly replacing batteries I will just onvest in one of the other similar items by other brands and see how that goes.

0 Kudos
Delam
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Making Very High Pitched Noise

Jump to solution

Danny,

Are you still following this string? I have changed roku remotes 2x in the last 2 months and they have both stopped working with that very high pitch noise coming out of them. 

What could be causing this? #roku

0 Kudos
dave_ohio30
Level 7

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

SN:C23798479256

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As I've stated in my previous replies, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Nyse6973
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your assistance, I have submitted the private Message

0 Kudos