Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku RC-GR3 (not enhanced) remote recently stopped controlling volume on pioneer sc-05 av amp

Hi,

I have a Roku Premiere+ with RC-GR3 remote (non-enhanced firmware version 2.01.18.120). The Roku is connected to my AV hub (Pioneer Elite SC-05) along with all other inputs, then to my Panasonic Plasma TV, which I'm using as a monitor only.

I've had the Roku for almost 3 years and about 2 or 3 months ago discovered the side volume buttons were able to control the volume on the Pioneer SC-05 Amp. I've become accustomed to this convenience and suddenly it went away last week. I didn't change anything and I've been trying to get it back by changing the HDMI cable and resetting power to the Roku and the amp. I can't find any menus in the Roku other than the setting up TV remote, which says my remote is not supported. I can't find anything about my amp supporting CEC or ARC. But, somehow this was working for some amount of time.

Anyone else experience a similar thing?

Thanks,

Doug.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku RC-GR3 (not enhanced) remote recently stopped controlling volume on pioneer sc-05 av amp

Your remote only control directly the headphone jack on the remote. It may control the tv volume by hdmi-cec, so refresh the cec devices in the tv menu. Its then that the tv controls your pioneer volume by hdmi-cec. No roku remote control's audio gear directly via IR. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku RC-GR3 (not enhanced) remote recently stopped controlling volume on pioneer sc-05 av amp

Hi,

My TV doesn't have any such option. I'm not sure what my TV would have anything to do with this as the Roku is connected to the SC-05 AV Amp and it was previously controlling the SC-05 AV Amp volume. I am not using the audio on my TV. This seems to be an issue between the CEC on the Roku and my SC-05. TV is on the other side of the SC-05 being used as a monitor only.

Thanks,

Doug.

0 Kudos