Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku RC-GR3 (not enhanced) remote recently stopped controlling volume on pioneer sc-05 av amp

Hi,

I have a Roku Premiere+ with RC-GR3 remote (non-enhanced firmware version 2.01.18.120). The Roku is connected to my AV hub (Pioneer Elite SC-05) along with all other inputs, then to my Panasonic Plasma TV, which I'm using as a monitor only.

I've had the Roku for almost 3 years and about 2 or 3 months ago discovered the side volume buttons were able to control the volume on the Pioneer SC-05 Amp. I've become accustomed to this convenience and suddenly it went away last week. I didn't change anything and I've been trying to get it back by changing the HDMI cable and resetting power to the Roku and the amp. I can't find any menus in the Roku other than the setting up TV remote, which says my remote is not supported. I can't find anything about my amp supporting CEC or ARC. But, somehow this was working for some amount of time.

Anyone else experience a similar thing?

Thanks,

Doug.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 20

Re: Roku RC-GR3 (not enhanced) remote recently stopped controlling volume on pioneer sc-05 av amp

Your remote only control directly the headphone jack on the remote. It may control the tv volume by hdmi-cec, so refresh the cec devices in the tv menu. Its then that the tv controls your pioneer volume by hdmi-cec. No roku remote control's audio gear directly via IR. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku RC-GR3 (not enhanced) remote recently stopped controlling volume on pioneer sc-05 av amp

Hi,

My TV doesn't have any such option. I'm not sure what my TV would have anything to do with this as the Roku is connected to the SC-05 AV Amp and it was previously controlling the SC-05 AV Amp volume. I am not using the audio on my TV. This seems to be an issue between the CEC on the Roku and my SC-05. TV is on the other side of the SC-05 being used as a monitor only.

Thanks,

Doug.

0 Kudos
Level 7

My RC-GR3 will go to "sleep" and will not "wake" unless a remove & replace batteries.  Also, the remote is "power hungry" and is battery voltage sensitive so it will quickly reject "LOW" batteries.  This does not help your situation, but perhaps the problems with the RC-GR3 are all related.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@artyem1969 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify what Roku model device you have that the remote was from?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos