Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loganpuche
Level 7

Roku IP Address with no remote or mobile or wifi connection model 3700x

Jump to solution

I am not able to find my IP address for my roku. I have lost the control and I am not able to use my phone app either due to not been connected. My Roku is not connected to the WIFI. It has been factory reset as well. How would I be able to get my IP address for my Roku?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku IP Address with no remote or mobile or wifi connection model 3700x

Jump to solution

@Loganpuche 

Thanks for the note.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Express, you can purchase a Simple remote on our Products page here: Player Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

You can't, the roku doesn't have IP address until its connected to internet. So you need to get a new remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Loganpuche 

Thanks for the note.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Express, you can purchase a Simple remote on our Products page here: Player Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Nye
Level 7

IP address

Jump to solution

I need my IP address but my remote is loss my serial number is s008207xw80w

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: IP address

Jump to solution

You don't have an IP address until its actually connected to the internet, which you need a real roku remote to do initially. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Nye wrote:

I need my IP address but my remote is loss my serial number is s008207xw80w

A Roku unit has no innate IP number. The IP is assigned to the Roku by your router each time a net connection is established, so until the Roku is set up and connected to the net, it has no IP number.

The Roku app on a mobile device can only connect to a Roku that is already set up on the same local network as the mobile device is using. This means the Roku app cannot be used to set up a new net connection for the Roku device.

If your Roku was previously set up on a prior network, and if the Roku has not had its net connection reset nor undergone a factory reset, it is still trying to connect to its former net. If you can set your Roku to the same net name (SSID) and password as your previous setup, your Roku should connect to it. If you then connect your phone to that net you should again be able to control your Roku via the Roku app.

Otherwise, you'll need to have a remote compatible with your Roku model to set up your connection to the new network/password.

What Roku do you have?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Nye 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? If you do not have a remote for your Roku device, you will need a physical remote to setup you Roku device. What Roku model device do you have? With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Shua93
Level 7

Need to get my ip address but I don't have original remote and can not commit connect to my wifi

Jump to solution

Need to get my ip address but I don't have original remote and can not commit connect to my wifi so how can I get my ip address so I can connect my phone as the remote

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Need to get my ip address but I don't have original remote and can not commit connect to my wifi

Jump to solution

You can't, a roku doesn't have IP address until its connected to the internet, to do that you need a real remote, sorry.

Edmund
0 Kudos