Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim1348
Level 7

Roku 3 RCA Universal Remote Control Codes

I bought an RCA Universal Remote RCR313BE today. I was able to control my Samsung television and added the code for the TiVo Mini without a problem. When I checked the RCA Code list it states:

Your Device Codes  53061 Or 52371

I have tried them and even tried the automatic code search, but I have had no luck. How should I proceed next? The Roku 3 responds great with the OEM Roku remote control.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 10

Re: Roku 3 RCA Universal Remote Control Codes

When doing a code search it searches by power, which the roku lacks, so it would fail. Those are UEI made remote's roku codes. When testing, tune to home screen, use the cursor keys to move around the grid.
0 Kudos
Jim1348
Level 7

I tried another different remote today, but still no luck. Would a factory reset on the Roku 3 be worth trying or would that likely be a waste of my time?
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

The roku oem remote is probably controlling it by RF, and universal will only control it by IR, so you need line of sight for the universal to work, is it in plain sight or behind the tv?
0 Kudos
Jim1348
Level 7

It IS behind the TV. I didn't even give that much thought. Thank you so much! 

So, I basically have a choice of:

-Keep the Roku 3 hidden (Velcroed) to the back of the TV AND use the OEM remote control, or

-Get a universal remote control and have them visible. 

I better check with the wife on that one! She will probably prefer to a have them hidden!
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

You know you can get updated roku remote that will control your tv power and volume, and still control the roku via RF.
0 Kudos
Jim1348
Level 7

No, I might have to look into that. Thanks for the tip! (Do you have a URL?)
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

see this page:
https://www.roku.com/accessories
You want remote 4th on the list, the Enhanced Voice Remote,  it doesn't list roku 3, but it WILL work. If you don't need headphone jack on the remote, and want to save $10.00 go for the second remote, the Roku Voice Remote. its thinner then then your roku remote.
The fifth remote is listed as Roku 3, but its just like one you already have no volume, only remotes listed with Tv Power & Volume have that feature.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please be advised that we specifically list device compatibility of remotes to ensure proper functionality with supported models. 

If a device model is not listed as supported, we cannot guarantee that it will work with your device. Not all remotes are compatible with all devices. 

If you're looking for a way to control your Roku device via wireless command without an IR remote, check out the free Roku mobile app, which offers remote control capability built-in. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/115002681087-how-do-i-control-my-roku-streaming-device-using-the-ro...

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

He was looking for remote that would control the tv and roku, an app won't.
0 Kudos