Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Jump to solution
Sorry, I should've clarified.. the sticks are different hardware, but isn't the technology used to communicate remote -> stick the same (wifi direct?), or do the newer remotes "speak" differently?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Kfiely
Level 7

Jump to solution
Help! My I have lost my roku 3500x remote! I was using my phone and the roku app for the longest time but then moved and my roku stick is still attached to the old WiFi so I can’t reset it. I tried doing the contact us online but never get to answer that actually allows me to write my question. Does anyone have any suggestions?
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 9

Jump to solution
Set your new WiFi up just like the old WiFi - same SSID and password. The stick should connect and you can use the remote app again.

-JT
0 Kudos
Lhardin0723
Level 7

Jump to solution
Help, I also lost my remotes to both my roku model 3500x and I desperately need the remotes. I’ve clicked on all the support but none has been working!! I’ve even tried the mobile app but there not on the same WiFi network! Please help!
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 7

Jump to solution
"jeffrok" wrote:
I'm surprised that the Roku 3600 remote doesn't work with the Roku 3500. Same technology, no?

No it is not, and this is why Roku needs to provide documentation on which devices are no longer supported, a list of remotes for devices and which are NLA or unsupported.
It's independent of any need to know which version of windows someone is running, we all can adapt with or without Roku, I was doing fine before Roku arrived on the scene and will continue to do so after Roku has long gone.
[Content edited per Forum Guidelines]
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Jump to solution
"Chicken" wrote:
"jeffrok" wrote:
I'm surprised that the Roku 3600 remote doesn't work with the Roku 3500. Same technology, no?

No it is not, and this is why Roku needs to provide documentation on which devices are no longer supported, a list of remotes for devices and which are NLA or unsupported.
It's independent of any need to know which version of windows someone is running, we all can adapt with or without Roku, I was doing fine before Roku arrived on the scene and will continue to do so after Roku has long gone.

[Content edited per Forum Guidelines]

What do you really know about the technology in the 3500/3600's?

And why is it all you do is complain and not offer much except for complaining? After this post, your posts will fortunately be blocked from my sight.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
0 Kudos
SebasNights
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hello, I'm having the same problem, my Purple Stick remote died, after hungrily consuming all my batteries and I can't find a replacement for it, neither can I use the App remote because I can't connect to it. I've tried to find a way from support with no success.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution
"SebasNights" wrote:
Hello, I'm having the same problem, my Purple Stick remote died, after hungrily consuming all my batteries and I can't find a replacement for it, neither can I use the App remote because I can't connect to it. I've tried to find a way from support with no success.

Well, the purple stick is getting pretty old. For about what a new remote would cost, you could get a new Roku. An Express is $30, and a remote would likely cost about the same. Spend $50 and you can get the latest Stick, which is far, far more capable. I looked on E-Bay and found a 3500 remote. Used they want $30. There are some other remotes for $20 that claim to work on the 3500, but Roku says the 3600 remote doesn't work on the 3500, so I'm not certain I would believe the E-Bay seller. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
SebasNights
Level 7

Jump to solution
"atc98092" wrote:
"SebasNights" wrote:

Well, the purple stick is getting pretty old. For about what a new remote would cost, you could get a new Roku. An Express is $30, and a remote would likely cost about the same. Spend $50 and you can get the latest Stick, which is far, far more capable. I looked on E-Bay and found a 3500 remote. Used they want $30. There are some other remotes for $20 that claim to work on the 3500, but Roku says the 3600 remote doesn't work on the 3500, so I'm not certain I would believe the E-Bay seller. 

Thanks for your reply. That's the main problem, there's no official alternative, even if I want to pay that price. There's no workaround to use the app as a remote either.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Jump to solution
"SebasNights" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:
"SebasNights" wrote:

Thanks for your reply. That's the main problem, there's no official alternative, even if I want to pay that price. There's no workaround to use the app as a remote either.

Just buy a new Roku..it'll be faster and you'll get a BRAND NEW remote, as well as a warranty.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
0 Kudos