Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ludwigkw
Level 7

Replacement Roku remote won't pair properly

Jump to solution

Danny,

I need your help with a replacement remote. The original remote was destroyed and a replacement remote was purchased to service Roku Stick serial #5S464H393608. Neither the original or replacement remote had a pairing button or red light. We have done the Roku plug/unplug to attempt a pairing. No luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. Ken Ludwig  [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Replacement Roku remote won't pair properly

Jump to solution

@ludwigkw 

Thanks for the post.

If you are have Roku Streaming Stick, you will need a Roku enhanced remote to control the device. If your remote that you purchased does not have a pairing button, it will not work with your device as it is a IR remote.

For more information about remotes, visit our Support pages here:
What type of remote control does my Roku® device use?
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku streaming stick, you can purchase a Voice Remote from our Products page here: Streaming Stick® Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Replacement Roku remote won't pair properly

Jump to solution

@ludwigkw 

Thanks for the post.

If you are have Roku Streaming Stick, you will need a Roku enhanced remote to control the device. If your remote that you purchased does not have a pairing button, it will not work with your device as it is a IR remote.

For more information about remotes, visit our Support pages here:
What type of remote control does my Roku® device use?
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku streaming stick, you can purchase a Voice Remote from our Products page here: Streaming Stick® Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos