Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adougl16
Level 7

Remote won’t “flash” to pair

My remote for my Streaming Stick + stopped working, I put in new batteries and it still would not work. I entered pairing mode, took off the cover and held down the button, but the button will not flash and the remote will not pair. 

Any suggestions please? The stick is working, as I can use the app. But I would like to get the remote working,

0 Kudos
15 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote won’t “flash” to pair

@adougl16 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeromeski51
Level 7

We are having the same issue. Remote doesn't flash to pair and the streaming stick doesn't connect to the remote. We have tried pretty much everything as others have before us. Would you be able to help us if we give you our info? Thanks

~Jerome #streamingstick

0 Kudos
BobR11
Level 7

Re: Remote won’t pair or “flash” to pair

I have been trying for a few days, I even bought a new Stick+ and I cannot pair the remote with either the new remote or the old remote but, the app remote works.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jeromeski51 @BobR11 

Thanks for the posts.

As stated in my previous post, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
adougl16
Level 7

Replaced my original remote and the new one has died today. Awful

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@adougl16

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Have you tried replacing the batteries in your remote?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
adougl16
Level 7

Hello Danny,

It is the remote for a Roku Streaming Stick+.
I have tried new battries, but when holding the pair button, the light does not flash

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@adougl16

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pete211
Level 7

I am having same Streaming Stick+ problem not connecting.  Tried all suggested troubleshooting steps re-pairing new batteries etc. No luck.

Issue with Streaming Stick +. This the 3rd Streaming Stick+ we have purchased for different devices.  Purchased in Jan 2020.
The other 2 Roku remotes much older are still working OK.
This remote stopped working. Roku menu comes up on TV but no remote control. Have swapped out batteries and have tried re-pairing per instructions but pairing light never flashes etc.
Would take back to Best Buy were purchased but is 1 year and one month since purchase so doesn't seem BB would swap out.
Since other 2 Roku devices still work fine after multiple years I am requesting a new Roku Streaming Stick+ be sent to us to replace remote that is no longer working. Appreciate the help.

0 Kudos