Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Remote with pairing

I need to buy a replacement remote WITH a pairing button. The remote description does not state whether the remote has the pairing button on the back or not. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Level 21

Re: Remote with pairing

You would probably be better off saying what the model number of your Roku is from Settings->System->About.  Someone will tell you what remotes are compatible.

Level 20

The Voice Roku remotes have the pairing key, that's the Voice Roku Remote, Enhance Voice Remote(on back order), and the Tv Voice Remote. The Voice remote and the Tv Voice remote are the same remote, the RC-AL7R. Other models with a pairing remote that might find on ebay are RC-AL2 and RC-AL4. If you don't have a Roku Tv, don't get the RC-AL5. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kelsey1 

Thanks for the post. 

As @renojim suggested, please let us know what Roku model device you are looking for a replacement remote so we can make the appropriate recommendation of the remote that you need to purchase.

With more information we will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Roku Premier. I can’t get into it to see any other information. The problem is that I moved, so I have new WiFi. The Roku isn’t connected the WiFi network that I have and I lost the remote in the move so I can’t use a remote to connect it to the WiFi. 

0 Kudos
Level 20

With the Premiere you don't need a remote with pairing button, you can use a cheap universal remote that will control it by IR. Go to target or your dollar store, if lists Roku it will work. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

@Tivoburkee  I did, they don’t work because the Roku isn’t connected to the WiFi network. That’s my problem, I can’t connect the Roku to WiFi because the remote doesn’t work since it isn’t connected to the device. I have the app on my phone also, but have the same issue. It says I need to connect my device to the same network as the phone. 

0 Kudos
Level 21

You're doing something wrong.  Forget the app.  As you've noticed, you must connect to Wi-Fi first before the app will work.  If you have a cheap universal remote that supports Roku, make sure it's set up to control a Roku, point it at the front of the Premiere and fire away.  A cheap universal remote uses infrared (IR).  No Wi-Fi is involved.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I bought a Roku remote, it’s not an off brand. It didn’t work so that’s why I thought it needed a pairing button, maybe it’s just a defective one. I’ll order another one. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Level 20

Describe the roku remote you bought, does it have power button and volume keys on the side? It could be roku tv remote which is useless with stand alone roku like the premiere. 

Edmund
0 Kudos