Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmonica422
Level 7

Remote stops working and will not repair without disconnecting Express+ - Dud remote

Our Express + is not a week old. It paired to the TV out of the box and was great but stopped connecting with both Roku and TV within 12 hours.  Since then we have had to disconnect Express from the back of the TV multiple times, in order to have the remote repair.  We have replaced the batteries twice in under a week and yet nothing seems to make a difference, I even switched it to another TV but now it won't connect Volume/Power and still keeps freezing for removal.

It seems like this remote is just a dud.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote stops working and will not repair without disconnecting Express+ - Dud remote

@Dmonica422 

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dmonica422
Level 7

Re: Remote stops working and will not repair without disconnecting Express+ - Dud remote

Hi Danny,

Thanks for getting back to me.  How do I PM you?

Thank you,

David

0 Kudos