Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marinerman
Level 7

Remote Control problems - Streaming Stick +

I have the Roku Streaming Stick +.  Recently my remote control stops working after a few days. This is constant. I have to reset the remote. I've tried it all; replacing the batteries; unplugging the power (batteries out of the remote as advised). I get it back, but for only about 2 days, and then I do it all over again. I tried hitting the reset button on the stick, and that doesn't help. Still every couple of days, I have to do the unplug, batteries out routine. The stick is not next anything that would block reception. The router is in the same room. Strong signal. I've had it for less than a year. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Chicken
Level 8

Re: Remote Control problems - Streaming Stick +

I notice similar with my stick since connecting to an interrupted power source, seems like this began or I began noticing it after switching from constant power.
0 Kudos

I’m having the exact problems on 2 of my enhanced remotes. One is for a streaming stick the other for a XD. The pairing just stops. It’s extremely aggravating. Any answers out there?
0 Kudos
CParker
Level 9

Do you have the stick powered on constantly? Or is it plugged into a USB on the TV?
Chief Technology Officer, Barge Captain/mechanic/deckhand/dock hand, Cook, Lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
Yep.... I'm retired. :D
0 Kudos

It’s plugged into the TV all the time. But the other Roku is a stand alone unit.
0 Kudos
CParker
Level 9

When I first started I bought a Streaming Stick+ and found that when my TV shuts off, so does its USB port. I got tired of waiting for the Roku Stick to boot up every time we turned on the TV. But I also noticed this thing with it losing its remote. I ran a regular USB wall outlet powered to the Stick and it has never happened again. I won't claim to KNOW that's what the problem is, but it sure seems like it. So now my Rokus are all on all the time. Never unpowered. And everything seems to work reliably.
Chief Technology Officer, Barge Captain/mechanic/deckhand/dock hand, Cook, Lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
0 Kudos

So my USB stick is on all the time. It’s plugged into an AC outlet so it does stay on all the time. Interesting though. Here is something though. It happens when I watch an app. on the device. I know that sounds weird but my other Roku does the same thing and it’s not a USB stick. Why isn’t anyone from Roku support responding?
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 8

"CParker" wrote:
When I first started I bought a Streaming Stick+ and found that when my TV shuts off, so does its USB port. I got tired of waiting for the Roku Stick to boot up every time we turned on the TV. But I also noticed this thing with it losing its remote. I ran a regular USB wall outlet powered to the Stick and it has never happened again. I won't claim to KNOW that's what the problem is, but it sure seems like it. So now my Rokus are all on all the time. Never unpowered. And everything seems to work reliably.

I noticed the same.  There are sports fans in these hallowed halls claiming their remote has worked flawlessly for centuries.  I guess those must be IR remotes or perhaps even sonic type complete with tuning fork.
0 Kudos
Marinerman
Level 7

"CParker" wrote:

Please clarify because my remote control keeps dropping connection to the stick as well. The Roku Streaming Stick already has a USB powered wall outlet. How is yours different?
Thank you. 
0 Kudos
CParker
Level 9

"Marinerman" wrote:
Please clarify because my remote control keeps dropping connection to the stick as well. The Roku Streaming Stick already has a USB powered wall outlet. How is yours different?
Thank you. 

The other thing I did was get the free HDMI extension. It's not real long but it enabled me to get the stick and it's wireless bits just a bit farther away from the TV instead of right against it.
0 Kudos