Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wrt791
Reel Rookie

Recent update = Volume buttons not working

Jump to solution

Model 3810X

After the recent update on 4/20/21 to

10.0.0.  Build 4177.

The volume and mute buttons no longer work.

Prior to the update, the remote worked perfectly.

Will there be an update to resolve this issue/bug?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Recent update = Volume buttons not working

Jump to solution

You'll have to reprogram it for your tv, go to settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in use> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We are aware that a subset of users may have lost TV power and volume  functions on their remote after the latest OS 10.0 update. Some customers impacted have the following remotes:

• Voice Remote
  • Enhanced Voice Remote

Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

In the meantime, please set your Roku Remote again for TV controls. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control. For more information about this setup process, visit our FAQ here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828.

If you're still running into an issue, and this function worked before the latest update, please respond to the following thread with this information (Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!😞

• Your Roku device model
  • TV make/model and AVR make/model (if applicable)
  • Issue ID (Attempt the instructions above to Set up your remote for TV Control. If your remote is still not controlling your TV power and volume, then please obtain an Issue ID. To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here).

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look further into.

To avoid further confusion with multiple thread open, we will be closing this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

You'll have to reprogram it for your tv, go to settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in use> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund

Wrt791
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.

That resolved the issue

0 Kudos
Patty46

Jump to solution

Resetting the TV & remote did NOT work.  The volume & mute are still not working, & my TV could not be found in the complete 50 codes.  What do I need to do now?

NikV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

did you solve your problem?

0 Kudos
Patty46

Jump to solution

No

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

You get better results when the roku isn't buried behind the tv while programming for the tv. So move it to hdmi along the side of the tv or if you have hdmi coupler attach it to hdmi cable bring to the front of the tv. And also use new batteries when programming. Of course once its programmed you can move back behind the tv. 

Edmund

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks. Your solution worked to get the volume control working again.

TDDAKINS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue.  Tried to go through the following steps, it did not work.  Any other ideas?

Settings> remotes & devices> remotes> enhanced voice remote(the remote I have in use) > set up remote for TV control

TDDAKINS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and this did not resolve my problem.  Any additional solutions?