Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeeDee71
Level 7

ROKU device is automatically and constantly launching Vudu - I've tried everything! Help!

I was browsing through Netflix and all of sudden it started launching Vudu. My remote was useless - none of the buttons worked, couldn't select home, Netflix, Settings, etc. So, I unplugged it, waited a few seconds and plugged back in. I also took the batteries out of the remote and put back in. I then restarted, and it seemed to work like normal. I selected a show on Roku channel, watched it, then when I selected the home button, it started again, launching Vudu constantly, and my remote is "frozen" - none of the buttons work. This happened a few months ago and I called Roku Tech Support (back before Covid when you could talk to a live person), and after a bit of time with him on the phone, he was able to get it "back to normal", but I don't remember what he did. This is so annoying. Help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU device is automatically and constantly launching Vudu - I've tried everything! Help!

Do you have a Vudu button on your remote?  It sounds like it's stuck.  Try pulling up on it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos