Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ezmmmk
Level 7

OK button not working, can't select a network.

I have a brand new Roku streaming stick plus.  The remote is paired but the OK button does not work which means I can not select my wifi network to set up the device.  Other buttons work, but there is no way for me to choose my wifi network.  I contacted support through email but so far nothing works.  The batteries are brand new and I tried another set.  I also tried using different channels on my router.  Still no luck.  Please help!

33 REPLIES 33\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OK button not working, can't select a network.

Try strumming the keys to get it work, left to right, right to left, up & down? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
ezmmmk
Level 7

I tried everything... pushing the buttons quickly.  I even took the remote apart.  Still nothing.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Bad remote, all roku remotes are on backorder, you can go to to your local walmart or best buy and buy Roku wifi voice remote separately, model rc-al7r. Or amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_68?_encoding=UTF8&psc...

Edmund

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ezmmmk 

Thanks for the posts. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
joeasmar
Level 7

I have the same problem now ? how can I resolve it ?Only the OK button is not working . Tried resetting the remote, re-pairing, switched Roku on and off. Nothing seems to work 

Any hints ? 

0 Kudos
svonderhaar
Level 7

Did you get an answer on this.

Im having the same problem on a (new) recondition device. All the buttons will make the device light blink but the OK does nothing, so I cant set it up.

Thanks

0 Kudos
renojim

It sounds like a dirty remote button.  The remotes are a real pain to take apart to clean, so if you have anything other than a stick it's probably easier to get a cheap universal remote.

0 Kudos
svonderhaar
Level 7

But it is a new remote.

0 Kudos
renojim

Hmm... then I'm at a loss unless it's just a faulty remote.  I'd try to return it or if it's still under warranty then I'd try to get it replaced.  I just don't believe any software update or device resets would have any effect on one button.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058-Step-by-step-instructions-for-returns-and-warranty-replac...

0 Kudos