Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No remote

My brother gave me his roku tv streaming stick. He didn’t give me a remote. I plugged the thing in but it’s not doing anything. How do I connect roku without a remote?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: No remote

You can't, you need a real remote to at least set up the Internet, then after which you can use the cellphone app, but not until the roku and cellphone are connected to the same internet network and password, which initially you HAVE to have a remote. If its true stick, is there hdmi sticking out of the roku or does it accept a hdmi cable? Because with Stick you have to have wifi remote, if its accepts a cable it can be controlled by IR remote and cheap universal remote with a roku code will do. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No remote

@Alissaz 

Thanks for the post.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, you will be unable to setup the Roku device without a physical remote. Can you please provide us with the model number of the Roku device, or the device serial number/ID on the device, so we can recommend you the appropriate replacement remote that you will need to purchase?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

New router, but no remote

Okay so me and my family just moved and got a new WiFi router I can’t find my remote which means no tv 😭😭

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Help me

You will need a real remote to set up the internet on the roku to match your new router. Only then can you use cellphone app to control the roku. The Roku and cellphone have to be set to the same network and password. That can only be done via real roku remote, or if the roku accepts IR  remotes a cheap universal remote. If its a stick it will need a wifi roku remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Help me

Is it a Roku TV? You could find a low cost universal IR remote that supports Roku devices. And fact, that will work with all Roku devices other than the Roku Stick (any version).

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Plz help!! connecting roku tv remote to roku express??!

My kids lost the remote to the roku express. Last week, while using the roku remote app, the connection to wifi was disconnected... so the express isn't showing up on the app to connect to. My roku tv remote does not have one of the pairing button as per instruction/searching for answer. In effort not to fork out the money for a spare remote... is there any way to connect the apps or my roku TV remote to the roku express without having the express connected to the wifi??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Plz help!! connecting roku tv remote to roku express??!

@quantum8mermaid 

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately you will not be able to use a Roku TV remote to control your Roku Express device. If you need a replacement remote for your device, you can purchase a Simple Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Lost my remote and roku isn’t connected to WiFi

I lost my remote to my roku box that plugs in to the tv through hdmi. The roku box isn’t connected to WiFi so I can’t use the app to find the device. HELPPPP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Lost my remote and roku isn’t connected to WiFi

@Colt451 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the Roku model device number so we can recommend you the appropriate replacement remote?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos