Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dangre
Level 7

New Roku Ultra Remote issues. Pause button delay and un-pauses

Hi there,

Just installed a new Roku Ultra with the point anywhere remote.  When I hit pause there is a delay and sometimes it just un-pauses.  I have restarted the Roku and took the batteries out of the remote and waited 30 seconds. 

Any suggestions on how to resolve the issue?

Thank you!

6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku Ultra Remote issues. Pause button delay and un-pauses

@dangre 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote? Is this issue happening on a specific channel or does it happen regardless what channel you are watching?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BryanN
Level 7

I am having the same issue with my point anywhere remote on a Roku Ultra (2018). After not using the remote for a while, there is a delay in the system receiving the input when pushing a button. With the Pause button, it often “double clicks” and registers the command twice, and the playback starts again after a few seconds.

The unit is connected by Ethernet cable and is running Roku software 9.4.0, build 4190. I noticed this issue on the same day as this last software update with no problems for two years previously.  I have unplugged the unit, and replaced the remote batteries, not solving the problem. Thank you.

Jefftheo
Level 7

I'm in the same boat as BryanN. This is driving our family crazy, after years of flawless performance. We have tried everything. Considering buying a replacement remote, but I don't want to spend the money if the problem is not going to be solved.

0 Kudos
Scsc
Level 7

On my system, when I pause the screen goes black but the program does not pause. This is when watching from DVR. Brand new unit (Roku ultra) new remote, new batteries. 

0 Kudos
BryanN
Level 7

The pause problem has finally gone away after buying a new voice remote. This was to replace the Gaming Remote that came with my Ultra a few years ago, which had the problems. 

0 Kudos
terryell
Level 7

Hello

I am needing help with my remote for roku ultra- it keeps unpausing when watching a movie & I pause it. It just just unpause by itself. It not on just one channel it does it all the time. I never had this issue with my other roku ultra remote. I think there is something wrong with this remote. I have changed the batteries, I reset the roku- still having issues. It paired just fine with my tv- no issues on that. 

0 Kudos