Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mccu3n13
Level 7

My remote for Roku 1

Please help I have the roku 1 and I can't get the remote to work,the remote doesn't have a reset button, but I did the smartphone check and seen a infrared light, so now what??? Please help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: My remote

Is there anything blocking the front of the Roku 1?  Does the light on the front of the Roku flash when you point the remote at it and press a button?

0 Kudos
Mccu3n13
Level 7

No flash it's just a constant light I press all kind of buttons and get nothing, but the light works on my remote bc I did that little test.   I also have a hisense roku  TV that I even tried to c if that would work on my roku 1 model 2710x,  but that is a tcl  the roku 1,i have it connected hdmi  please help me thanks...

0 Kudos
Mccu3n13
Level 7

it flashes when it is loading to turn on then it's a steady light I know when pressing buttons at it different angles it doesn't do anything I've tried different angles there's nothing in front of it, and I did lots of batteries. Would my Roku TV heinsohn remote possibly connect to it however neither one of these have a pairing button on the remote... Thanks anything will be helpful

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Roku tv remotes, tcl or Hisense wouldn't work on your Roku 1. If you see flashes as press a key on the remote looking through cellphone camera, it sounds like the remote is fine and its the very old roku 1 itself that doesn't accept IR commands anymore thats the problem. Anyways it really isn't worth it getting it to work, many newer channels won't work on it. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Mccu3n13
Level 7

Well heck when the home screen comes up it looks like a pretty good bit. Although I haven't had the Roku TV too long, I don't even understand it fully or the purpose of it really. I just paid $5 for this Roku 1 box and a remote and I guess it don't work... LOL I've even had the app downloaded to use for my Roku TV before but unfortunately I can't connect the Roku 1 to the app either period. I just wanted my living room TV into a smart TV LOL thanks sir

0 Kudos