Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mccu3n13
Level 7

My remote for Roku 1

Please help I have the roku 1 and I can't get the remote to work,the remote doesn't have a reset button, but I did the smartphone check and seen a infrared light, so now what??? Please help

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My remote

Is there anything blocking the front of the Roku 1?  Does the light on the front of the Roku flash when you point the remote at it and press a button?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mccu3n13
Level 7

No flash it's just a constant light I press all kind of buttons and get nothing, but the light works on my remote bc I did that little test.   I also have a hisense roku  TV that I even tried to c if that would work on my roku 1 model 2710x,  but that is a tcl  the roku 1,i have it connected hdmi  please help me thanks...

0 Kudos
Mccu3n13
Level 7

it flashes when it is loading to turn on then it's a steady light I know when pressing buttons at it different angles it doesn't do anything I've tried different angles there's nothing in front of it, and I did lots of batteries. Would my Roku TV heinsohn remote possibly connect to it however neither one of these have a pairing button on the remote... Thanks anything will be helpful

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Roku tv remotes, tcl or Hisense wouldn't work on your Roku 1. If you see flashes as press a key on the remote looking through cellphone camera, it sounds like the remote is fine and its the very old roku 1 itself that doesn't accept IR commands anymore thats the problem. Anyways it really isn't worth it getting it to work, many newer channels won't work on it. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mccu3n13
Level 7

Well heck when the home screen comes up it looks like a pretty good bit. Although I haven't had the Roku TV too long, I don't even understand it fully or the purpose of it really. I just paid $5 for this Roku 1 box and a remote and I guess it don't work... LOL I've even had the app downloaded to use for my Roku TV before but unfortunately I can't connect the Roku 1 to the app either period. I just wanted my living room TV into a smart TV LOL thanks sir

0 Kudos