Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spartyon98
Level 7

My remote(RC-AL8) will still not connect to my 3811X(Stick+ HE model)

My Roku 3811x cannot connect to it's remote(RC-AL8) after I exhausted all troubleshooting, including using the HDMI extender provided by Roku.  The remote will still control TV functions, but will not pair with the stick.  This was purchased in May 2020 and I'm frustrated it no longer works.

I would just like a replacement at this point but can't find a way to get customer support anywhere online.

Thanks
Todd

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: My remote(RC-AL8) will still not connect to my 3811X(Stick+ HE model)

That is a best buy exclusive, not sold anywhere else, take it up with them?

Edmund
0 Kudos
spartyon98
Level 7

It's past the Best Buy return policy(30 DAYS), but Roku made the device for Best Buy and the warranty is through Roku.  Many manufacturers make devices for a retailer as an exclusive, but it's not a best buy branded device.

Roku provides a 1 year warranty for the device.

What is Roku’s support policy? | Official Roku Support

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@spartyon98 

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
spartyon98
Level 7

I PM'd you about the issue

0 Kudos
spartyon98
Level 7

I still haven't heard back and have PM'd.

0 Kudos