Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logitech Harmony Elite won't send commands to select channels

I recently purchased a new Logitech Harmony Elite remote (with the hub).  I created an activity to watch the Roku Science Channel (not the TV channel, but the Roku streaming channel).  The activity selects the home screen on the Roku, but then stops sending commands.  Eventually it times out.  I've tried changing how I select which channel, but nothing works.  I even added a delay even though one didn't seem to be needed.

Incidentally, it'd help if I could select channels based on the name of the channel.

Will Pittenger
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Re: Logitech Harmony Elite won't send commands to select channels

Probably more a Harmony issue than a Roku issue. You might be able to find an answer at the Logitech community forum.

It's been awhile since I've done any Harmony programming, but isn't there a limited selection of Roku channels that Harmony can call? Perhaps this is one is not supported?
0 Kudos

"scottypie1234" wrote:
at the Logitech community forum.

Unfortunately, their support site is broken. It keeps claiming my password is incorrect even though I'm sure it's correct. I tried several browsers.
Will Pittenger
0 Kudos

"Will Pittenger" wrote:
"scottypie1234" wrote:

Unfortunately, their support site is broken. It keeps claiming my password is incorrect even though I'm sure it's correct. I tried several browsers.

It's not broken. I can get on it fine. Do a password re-set.
0 Kudos
bozzy
Level 9

"scottypie1234" wrote:
It's been awhile since I've done any Harmony programming, but isn't there a limited selection of Roku channels that Harmony can call? Perhaps this is one is not supported?

All channels are available when using a Harmony hub as it is IP based not IR based. 
0 Kudos

"scottypie1234" wrote:
"Will Pittenger" wrote:
"scottypie1234" wrote:

It's not broken. I can get on it fine. Do a password re-set.

I tried that.
Will Pittenger
0 Kudos

"bozzy" wrote:
"scottypie1234" wrote:

All channels are available when using a Harmony hub as it is IP based not IR based. 

However, the selection of Roku apps that can be sent are quite limited. MyHarmony lists only the most common choices. Hence, I was trying to use directional arrows.
Will Pittenger
0 Kudos
bozzy
Level 9

"Will Pittenger" wrote:
"bozzy" wrote:
"scottypie1234" wrote:

However, the selection of Roku apps that can be sent are quite limited. MyHarmony lists only the most common choices. Hence, I was trying to use directional arrows.

Are you not using a hub based Harmony? It literally loads the list of channels directly from the Roku when setting up the activity. You need to be using the Harmony mobile app I would suspect as MyHarmony is their old software that isn't connected to the network.
0 Kudos

"bozzy" wrote:
"Will Pittenger" wrote:
"bozzy" wrote:
"scottypie1234" wrote:

Are you not using a hub based Harmony? It literally loads the list of channels directly from the Roku when setting up the activity. You need to be using the Harmony mobile app I would suspect as MyHarmony is their old software that isn't connected to the network.

I have a hub, but the Android app won't connect. So I uninstalled it.
Will Pittenger
0 Kudos
bozzy
Level 9

"Will Pittenger" wrote:
"bozzy" wrote:
"Will Pittenger" wrote:
"bozzy" wrote:

I have a hub, but the Android app won't connect. So I uninstalled it.

Then your hub isn't connected to your network correctly. That would explain why you can't see all channels when setting up an activity. They are certainly all available as they are loaded directly using the network api Roku provides.
0 Kudos