Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

I want the Remote that comes with the New Roku Ultra.

Jump to solution

I would like to purchase the remote that Comes with the NEW Roku Ultra. I have a Roku Ultra that I have been using a year and a half now, but it doesn't have the MUTE button or the customizable buttons. I looked at the accessories for Roku Players on the Roku website and it shows the Enhaced voice remote for $29.99 and states that it has the MUTE button, but doesn't mention any customizable buttons. When added to my cart, it states that the model number for this remote is RC463. Even if it doesn't have the customizable buttons, I think it might be worth it to purchase it for the added mute button alone. I just want to make sure that the MUTE button on the RC463 remote will actually work on a TV when paired with it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: I want the Remote that comes with the New Roku Ultra.

Jump to solution

@Tonya_G 

Thanks for sharing the update.

As you noted, you can now purchase the 'Roku Enhanced Voice Remote', featuring both mute and personal voice shortcut buttons here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Take a good look at the $29.99 remote, it has the customizable keys, the photo just doesn't have the 1 & 2 labelled. Actual the photo now shows the 1 & 2, where before it didn't. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

I think I may purchase it then. The remote that came with mine has been acting funny pretty much the whole time I have been using it with my Roku Ultra. Sometimes, when watching any video from any channel, I'll push the rewind button to rewind the video and my TV will turn off and when I switch my TV on using my TV remote (because the Roku Ultra remote power button didn't work), I find that it is on the Netflix channel even though I was watching a video through another channel/app. I probably should have requested a replacement remote while my Roku Ultra was in warranty, but I just considered it a glitch that would straighten itself out. Replacing batteries on my remote doesn't help and my Roku Ultra is fully up-to-date. I can re-pair my remote to my TV and it still occasionally switches off my TV when I push the rewind button and switches to Netflix all at the same time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Tonya_G 

Thanks for sharing the update.

As you noted, you can now purchase the 'Roku Enhanced Voice Remote', featuring both mute and personal voice shortcut buttons here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post