Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I lost my remote

i have a Roku Express. About a month  ago the remote was lost so I started using the Roku remote app on my phone. Then i was having problems with my internet so I got a new wireless modem from Shaw.  i need to change the network settings on the Roku but I can't get to the settings without the remote. I got an insignia Roku remote that works but it won't pair with the Roku device. Any suggestions.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: I lost my remote

@ronberge88 wrote:

i have a Roku Express. About a month ago the remote was lost so I started using the Roku remote app on my phone. Then i was having problems with my internet so I got a new wireless modem from Shaw.  i need to change the network settings on the Roku but I can't get to the settings without the remote. I got an insignia Roku remote that works but it won't pair with the Roku device. Any suggestions.

The Express uses an IR remote. You can get a new one from Roku here (it's the simple remote), or many stores sell generic IR remotes for $10 or less. Just make sure the package says it has codes for Roku. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: I lost my remote

Yes you need a remote, it doesn't have to be a true roku remote a cheap universal remote that has roku listed will do. Roku tv remotes use a different IR code then stand alone roku like your express. Roku's simple remote is on back order, if you go to ebay look for roku remotes without a power key, remotes with power keys are Roku tv remote which is worthless to you as I have found out. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

New WiFi, no remote

Our Roku remote stopped working ages ago and we switched to controlling it from an app on the phone. I have a new WiFi router now, and we cannot connect to the device. The remote is not responding (and hasn’t in months) and there is nothing I can find on the app to connect my new WiFi to the Roku. 
I didn’t find help in the many posts but tbh it was a little overwhelming to sift through all of that. Someone from Roku please help me! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: New WiFi, no remote

You should have sifted through more posts as this question has been asked and answered at least a hundred times.  You need a remote!  Post the model number of your Roku (written somewhere on it) and someone will help with which remote you need.  If you have a purple stick, you are out of luck.  If you can remember your old Wi-Fi SSID and password and you can configure your new Wi-Fi to match, your Roku should connect.

0 Kudos