Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnt1
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I went through the remote setup process multiple times and finally restored on/ off and volume control of my Vizio TV through the remote for my Roku 3810X Roku Streaming Stick +.  The trick for me seems to have been turning on the built-in tv speakers BEFORE going through the remote setup.  The setup did not work through the external speaker that is connected to my TV via digital optical cable set up as PCM.  After completing setting up the remote, I turned off the built-in tv speakers and the Roku remote control operates the volume of the external speaker and TV on/ off.  Success!

0 Kudos
Icabear
Channel Surfer

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I do use the Spectrum app so I cannot do a factory reset!

I am really tired, having spent more than two days, of trying all the fixes mentioned.  When will Roku do an update that will correct this issue?

0 Kudos
Knotarowqguru
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Performed factory reset. Had to sign into about 80% of my streaming apps but power and volume  are currently working again.

0 Kudos
cliffhest

Jump to solution

Model: 4660X - Roku ultra

Serial number  YJ00GC 026683 CK391G026683)

Software version:10.0.0. build 4195-46

Timestamp 2021-05-17T16:18:35Z

Full ID. 83-196-818

0 Kudos
Curtislav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I thought I would check this thread for fun today. More problems, no solutions. Sigh. I tried to setup my remotes again; no luck of course.  They even broke my Secret Menu fix that rolled back to 9, so that no longer works. Roku doesn't care. I'm selling my Roku stock. I bought a NVIDIA Shield, and it is awesome. Very quality device, easy setup. Only issues I have in comparison to Roku; it's pricy but worth it, I loose the cool headphone jack, the VOLUME button controls my TV! but I can't get the power button to turn on the TV, but the setup is super easy, mini keyboard works on it, it has a great media player if you want to plug in a hard drive with videos, I can load almost anything in Google Play (except F1Tv for some reason which sucks), and when you accidentally hit the stupid Netflix button, it goes right back to where you were in Youtube, NHL or whatever you were watching! Also, it has Google Chromecast built in! So, anyone ready to jump, I recommend NVIDIA Shield. Feel free to PM me about it if you want.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing. Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

In the meantime, please set your Roku Remote again for TV controls. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control. For more information about this setup process, visit our FAQ here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828.

If you're still running into an issue, and this function worked before the latest update, please respond to this thread with the following information:
  • Your Roku device model
  • TV make/model and AVR make/model (if applicable)
  • Issue ID (Attempt the instructions above to Set up your remote for TV Control. If your remote is still not controlling your TV power and volume, then please obtain an Issue ID. To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here).
  • If you are using the newest Roku remote, Voice Remote Pro, please let us know as well.
Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Raddacorp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sony xbr tv, Sonos playbar sound bar. Tv remote adjusts volume on sound bar, gaming remote or voice remote no longer adjusts volume to sound bar but does adjust volume on tv.

issue I’d 74-196-886

0 Kudos
DoctorBass

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra  running through a Sharp Aquos (semi) Smart TV.  After the dreaded update I lost control of volume, mute and pause functions.  I called for warranty support from square trade and still have not heard anything yet.  Undaunted, I ordered another Roku Ultra which came today.  I opened the box and proceeded to set the unit up where its predecessor had been.  What to my surprise, during the setup ......wait for it............Update 10 was installed on my formerly protected Roku with the same results.   I now have TWO Roku units with the same bug.  The Issue ID is NN-196-879.   Oh, by the way, tell the programmers to hurry every chance they get before I do something silly like buy a third one...Rick

0 Kudos
mondovega

Jump to solution

My remote stopped functioning completely. Only had it for 3 months and was still using the original batteries that were packaged within. Replaced those batteries, nothing. Reset the device, still nothing. 

After having reset my device, it no longer recognizes the remote used on my phone via the Roku app(which had been working). The IP address is no longer recognized either.

So now, my physical remote doesn't work nor will my device be recognized so that I may use the remote on the app.

Everything has been unplugged and replugged. What more is there I can do to resolve this?

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Tried everything possible including suggestions from the community 

my relatively new voice remote cannot control the volume 

what I see to be the possible problem or at least one of the problems it will not recognize my Vizio 32” smart

its going on too 

0 Kudos