Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Correct replacement remote to purchase confirmation needed

Jump to solution

I wish to confirm that if my roku remote (model RC80) for my roku streaming stick (3600x) is the voice remote. The "simple remote" is not an option for me. Is this correct? Where can I confirm this notion

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 20

Re: Correct replacement remote to purchase confirmation needed

Jump to solution

Yes, that is correct. Stick can't accept IR remotes like the simple roku remote is, so you need a wifi remote which the voice remote is. Don't get the $29.99 enhanced voice remote, headphone jack doesn't work with 3600 stick. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 20

Jump to solution

Yes, that is correct. Stick can't accept IR remotes like the simple roku remote is, so you need a wifi remote which the voice remote is. Don't get the $29.99 enhanced voice remote, headphone jack doesn't work with 3600 stick. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I apologize, my question/post was poorly worded. I wanted to confirm that if I need to replace the roku remote (RC80) i use with my 3600x roku stick, the only option for me is the voice remote (as opposed to the simple remote). 

0 Kudos
Level 20

Jump to solution

The simple remote WON"T work.

The $19.99 Voice remote is your only remote roku sells that WILL work. 

Edmund
0 Kudos