Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BonFire501
Level 7

Control Home Theater volume with Roku Ultra remote

Just got my 1st Roku ever and have it connected to an older Sony Bravia TV that is connected via a Digital (Optical) audio port to a Bose Home Theater system.  I'm getting sound just fine from the Roku to the Bose Home Theater but the remote only pairs to the TV so when I try the volume up/down buttons it only controls the sound of the Bravia tv and not the home theater, so I ended having to grab another remote to control the volume.

1) Is there a way to pair aux devices with the Roku remote?

2) Is there a 3rd party universal remote (Under $30) that you are using to control both your Roku, TV and Home Theater system that works great.  Not wanting to invest in an expensive Harmony remote.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Control Home Theater volume with Roku Ultra remote

P1010420 (800x600).jpg

The roku remote can only control TV's by IR, it may be able control it by hdmi cec, if your tv has it.

There is the One-For-All Streamer remote urc-7935. Its one device remote that can have different sections of that one device programmed for tv, audio or sound bar, and streamer.  Its also a learning remote so you can teach any key whatever you want as long as you have remote with command already. They have bunch of open box remotes on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Control-3-Devices-Stream-Box-TV-Audi...

Edmund
0 Kudos