Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aadvance
Level 7

Can I Use Enhanced Remote Control on 2 Roku devices simultaneously?

Currently I have a Roku TV that is 6 years old; picture still looks fine, just takes forever to do anything else, especially streaming-related. Thinking of getting a Roku Ultra so that I can a) utilize the ethernet connection to our router to remove the streaming portion from the TV, and b) use the enhanced remote that it comes with to control both the Ultra and our TV. Ideally I'd turn the TV on, select the input for the Ultra, and then navigate and stream from the Ultra without having to switch remotes.

Is this a possibility? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Can I Use Enhanced Remote Control on 2 Roku devices simultaneously?

The roku ultra remote can only be paired to one Roku at a time, but with it paired to the ultra, you can still program the tv power and volume keys to your Roku tv. Then go into the settings of the Roku Tv:

settings> system> power> Power on> make sure the hdmi input the Ultra hooked to is checked. 

So now when you turn on the tv it will select the Roku Ultra input, so you shouldn't see the Roku Tv home screen. 

Edmund
0 Kudos