Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juan2345
Level 7

Bought new Roku express. Remote won’t connext

Jump to solution

So i bought a NEW Roku express stick. I’ve tried for almost two hours to get it to pair to the remote and have gotten nowhere. Help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Bought new Roku express. Remote won’t connext

Jump to solution

A Roku Express is not considered a stick, roku stick have built in hdmi connector sticking out it, and doesn't accept IR remote only Wifi. A True Express has hdmi port where you connect a hdmi cable. An express comes with IR remote, no pairing needed just put in the batteries and it works. If it doesn't the roku or the remote is defective. You test the remote by pressing a key while its pointed at cellphone camera if you see flashes out the front of the remote its good, no flashes and its bad. Culprit would then be the express itself. Is this express new out of the box, or just new to you? Model number of express?

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

A Roku Express is not considered a stick, roku stick have built in hdmi connector sticking out it, and doesn't accept IR remote only Wifi. A True Express has hdmi port where you connect a hdmi cable. An express comes with IR remote, no pairing needed just put in the batteries and it works. If it doesn't the roku or the remote is defective. You test the remote by pressing a key while its pointed at cellphone camera if you see flashes out the front of the remote its good, no flashes and its bad. Culprit would then be the express itself. Is this express new out of the box, or just new to you? Model number of express?

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Juan2345
Level 7

Jump to solution

I realized after two hours that’s someone either A. Bought it before me, and returned it and took the express out and put a Roku stick model 3600X, or switched it inside the store. I’m highly upset with my purchase and will return it and get either a new one or buy something else 

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 12

Jump to solution

That's sad when that happens.  I've seen burned out light bulbs on sale at Home Depot.  Retail stores are so intent on making returns painless that they don't even look.

0 Kudos