Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Battery issues with my Roku Ultra 4660X2

My Roku Ultra 4660X2 is using brand new batteries for the remote control at a fast pace.

I’ve seen this issue mentioned numerous times on this community board and would like help fixing it. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Battery issues with my Roku Ultra 4660X2

I've seen this same problem posted for a number of different models. Aside from unplugging the earphones when not in use for those models (like yours) with an earphone jack built into the remote, I don't recall ever seeing a definitive solution.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

They're not going to roll a truck and look under the hood of your remote. Only remedy is a replacement remote, which to get they take off line to get private info on where to ship the remote. People get upset because they don't see a happy ending posted, that's because ungrateful people don't come back and give a positive feedback. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it. How do I start the process of getting a replacement remote?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@snichols1970 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I use a RC-AL2 remote that has the same problem, fresh AAA batteries only last at most 8 weeks.     I've noticed that when I view the remote with an IR sensitive camera, the IR LED will continue to flash even when no button is being pushed.    Doesn't happen all the time, but has happened repeatedly.   This would explain the  excessive battery drain on this ROKU remote at least.    It also means the remote has a design flaw built into the unit.

0 Kudos