Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prof_Mike91
Level 8

2nd remote

I recently bought a TCL TV with Roku.  I live in a townhouse so I bought the device for second TV.  What the **bleep** is the point of a remote for a second TV that has no power button and no volume?  I spent more today to get a remote like the original, but WHY?  Also, I've done all the adjustments but the volume range on this is horrible.  What gives?  I will not buy one of their sound bars.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Strega
Level 15

Re: 2nd remote

I think you're saying you have both a Roku TV and a Roku player and the Roku player is one of the low-end models such as the Express that has no TV controls.  For what it's worth, this is my preference.  (Or at least I certainly wouldn't pay more for the next model up just to get those buttons.)

I often have to do tech support for my parents who have the "one remote" preference, and the first thing I want to know is: where is the actual device remote?  Ie: not a remote with a tiny subset of another device's functions copied onto it.

If you look here you can see which ones come with the simple remote and which ones come with a remote with TV controls and in some cases, even more features.

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

For sound I use a Yamaha AVR.  There are many options in the sound space, but this one is definitely not lacking for volume.

0 Kudos